Conserving water resources.
Securing an adequate supply of water is half of the water equation- managing the demand is the other half. Singapore PUB is a wide-ranging water conservation plan that encourages people to use water wisely. Singapore water consumption has gone down from 165 litres per day to 156 litres.
The Singapore water resources are very limited , 50% of the water is used for land catchment.
Though Singapore have 4 National Taps , namely water from local catchment, imported water from Johor, NEWwater and desalinated water, we need to curb demand by encouraging everyone to conserve water and take ownership of water . Only then will our water supply be sustainable for generations to come.
How to take ownership?
With a comprehensive water management system, Singapore has managed this vital resource well. Our water supply will sustain if everyone plays a part.
- Not throwing litter on the ground or the drain.
- Not pouring liquids/chemicals into the drains
- Though the water can still be treated , these pollutants deprive the public of clean and beautiful reservoirs to enjoy.
How we as citizens of Singapore conserve water for our country?
- Members of the public can buy the water saving kit
- Check for leaks and fix them promptly
- Ensure that the taps are turned off tightly to stop drips
To provide water for all, all Singaporeans have to play their part of conserving water, keep our water catchments and waterways clean and build a relationship with water so we can enjoy our water resources. We can then have enough water for all uses - for industry, for living and most importantly For LIFE